The global pandemic situation caught us by surprise. It also gave us a lot of free time in our hands. Now, it’s really up to you if you can make good use of this free time or simply waste it.
Now, more than ever, people came to realize how important the role of technology and internet is in our lives. Without it, communication will be a lot more challenging, and it will also be detrimental in our livelihood and well-being. Humans are social beings. We need to stay connected to live and survive.
If you are one of the lucky ones who have a lot of extra time now in your hands, you should definitely consider how to maximize your time by exploring the benefits of distance learning, online learning or e-Learning. You are no longer bound by all the restrictions of a regular school or training institute. When you were in school, you were given a series of subjects and lessons to learn together with your classmates. It was structured learning- designed to fit and serve everyone. You had the same assignments and projects together with your classmates. Adherence to time and due dates (and even formats) were the rules that came along with it.
But after you started working, you no longer had the luxury of time of going back to school or training institute. Money is another issue that most people have to deal with. E-learning has completely changed the situation by giving us the flexibility of learning where we want it, how we do it, and most importantly when we can do it.
Now, you finally have the chance to study what you’ve always wanted to learn.
These are some of the common benefits of most e-Learning platforms :
- Learn anywhere. If you have a computer, tablet or smartphone and a stable internet connection, then you can immediately start learning.
- Get to choose what to study without following conventional pathways. For example if you have always wanted to learn computer programming, you can simply look for an online course or go to a website like Skillshare, and start learning that same minute. Note: Youtube can also give you topics to learn from but the quality of content may vary depending on the uploader.
- Learn from watching videos or by listening to audio lectures from REAL EXPERTS. In any field of expertise, the best teachers are usually the ones who are actually earn from it. By learning practical and real-world procedures, tactics and methods, you have already begun upskilling.
- Lessons and topics are up-to-date. You even have the opportunity to chat, email or even video conferencing with the online teachers.
- More affordable compared to traditional learning. You don’t even have to dress up or travel to attend the classes. Just power up your device or visit the website or install the App on your mobile device, and you’re good to go.
- All lessons taught can be reviewed when needed. Since most of these lectures are recorded or hwhenever you want and as often as you want since everything is recorded or even if it’s a webinar or conference call with other students you can always replay the video or audio and study.
- Learn at your own pace. You don’t need to keep up with how slow or fast the teacher conducts their lessons. You have full control with how you learn and you can even manage yout time and take breaks in between.
These are some for free and paid E-learning platforms for students and employees that you can immediately use-
TESDA – https://www.e-tesda.gov.ph/
Skillupz – https://skillupz.com/courses/ (Use PayLater coupon code upon enrollment, free for a limited time)
E-Learning for Agriculture and Fisheries – http://e-extension.gov.ph/elearning/
If you can also share other free learning platforms that other people can use, please feel free to share it in our comments section below.
Written by Oliver Villaverde for PhilJobNet