- Always complain– This kind of people are easy to pinpoint. You hear them talk about things they don’t like and then complain.
- People who think they are better than everyone.
- Doesn’t talk, shy or passive– They might be hard to spot because they don’t talk, don’t give a response when needed, but simply because they don’t speak doesn’t mean they don’t think in a negative way, be cautious of these folks.
- Explosive– they have burst of emotions when things don’t go their way.
On how to deal with them, here are our recommendations:
- Don’t add to the fire. Don’t try to change them because they will only become more aggressive, if they complain all the time, they will complain even more if you confront them. You’re not even advised to influence them or change them.
- Know and understand them. You need to find out where they are coming from, it could be because they felt injustice or they felt that they were wronged that’s why they are negative.
- Limit your time with them. Don’t stay too long with a pessimist it could affect your well-being and your frame of mind, you might even get emotionally injured.
- Don’t fall into the trap. Be cautious, do not be magnetized to their energy. You have to always be on your guard because their negativity may rub off on you and you may end up being like them or even worst.
Now that we know how to deal with difficult people in the workplace you may now adjust the way you interact with them, and if you find yourself being negative you can also adjust how you think and feel about certain things and situations.